Vegetables

Winter vegetables

Winter fruit: citrus fruits

Among the winter fruit par excellence, citrus fruits such as oranges, tangerines, clementines and mandarins are foods particularly rich in vitamins A and C, but also in B vitamins (such as thiamin and niacin) which makes them absolutely perfect for fighting and prevent colds and flu but also stomatitis, gingivitis and many other infectious diseases. In addition, oranges and tangerines contain significant amounts of bioflavonoids capable of promoting the strengthening of bones, teeth, cartilagens and ligaments. Furthermore, they can improve blood circulation and reduce the fragility of capillaries. Tangerines are particularly popular for their calming and thirst-quenching properties. Finally, all citrus fruits guarantee

Apples, pears and persimmons


And apples, pears and persimmons cannot be missing this season. The apple has an average of 90 calories and is for over 85% of its weight made up of water and the remaining 15% of carbohydrates and vitamins including A, E and C. The apple also contains vitamin B1 capable of fighting effectively nervousness and loss of appetite and B2 which facilitates digestion. Similarly, pears have an average of 70 calories and are very rich in fiber, mineral salts and vitamins A, E, C, B1 and B2. Pear is notoriously effective in fighting free radicals, as well as promoting the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Finally, persimmons are slightly more caloric (112 calories in a medium-sized fruit) and therefore quite energetic. Its diuretic and laxative properties are remarkable.

Winter stem and root vegetables


The choice of winter vegetables is also very wide, including stem, root, leaf and flower vegetables that are particularly beneficial and tasty. Among the stem vegetables available in the winter, thistle is very rich in fiber, calcium, magnesium, potassium and folic acid, as well as being low in calories (only 18 per hundred grams) and therefore perfect to be included in low-calorie diets. Among the winter vegetables that fall into the root category, particularly popular this season are carrots, turnips and radishes. Carrots guarantee a reduced caloric intake (35 kcal per hundred grams) although very rich in mineral salts such as sodium, potassium, iron, calcium, phosphorus, copper, selenium and magnesium and vitamins A and C.

Winter Vegetables: Flowering and leafy winter vegetables


Finally, in winter, seasonal flowering vegetables such as artichokes, cauliflower and broccoli cannot be missing from our tables. All rich in protovitamin and vitamin A, vitamins B1, B2, B9 (folic acid), PP, C, K and U as well as minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, iron, sulfur, potassium, copper, magnesium and iodine. Furthermore, they are naturally low in calories, guaranteeing an intake for every hundred grams of product, respectively, equal to 47, 25 and 34 kcal. Among the leafy vegetables available in winter, lettuce, radicchio and spinach are allied to the health of young and old and that allow you to fill up on vitamins and minerals. And, even these vegetables are very poor in terms of calories (respectively 15, 23 and 25 kcal for every hundred grams).

Related posts

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

Botón volver arriba